Get the most of your bathroom with these surprising tricks
Design tricks, Extra space, Cleaning hacks, Let there be light!
Investing in the room that plays a tremendous part in your life is not only in your best interest, it’s also a resonance of your energy. Coupled with a stylish array of products from IKEA, here are a few tips and tricks to get the most out of the most frequently used space in our home, the humble bathroom.
- Design tricks
- Use varying shades of one color and enough natural light to make your bathroom appear bigger.
- Create the illusion of space by opting for a pedestal wash basin instead of one that has a cabinet for bathroom accessories.
- A glass enclosure creates a subtler visual divider between the main area and the shower/tub – better than shower curtains, which will make the room look smaller.
- Larger floor tiles will also help, as will installing a mirror with lights or one that takes up an entire wall.
- Extra space
- If you’ve got a lot of vertical space, you can install decorative or functional wall cabinets. These can house bath supplies, toilet paper, bath towels, and cleaning supplies, leaving the floor uncluttered.
- Try something funky by hanging your everyday bathroom accessories on a shower rod.
- Recessed niches in the wall are great for holding soap, toilet paper rolls, or display items.
- Play with brightly colored tiles to break the monotony or to just add a pop of freshness.
- Cleaning hacks
- Discourage the growth of mildew and ensure you don’t have to deep clean your bathroom often by leaving the fan on and the room ventilated after a shower. Even if it isn’t dirty, minerals in the water can leave behind stains.
- Using a brush in the wash basin and toilet bowl at least once a week will make your deep-cleaning days much easier and less frequent.
- Mix 3 tablespoons baking soda and a 1/2 cup of household ammonia into 2 cups warm water, spray on, rinse off with a rag, and voila! You’ve got nothing but gleaming surfaces.
- Let there be light!
- Always try and use three layers of bathroom lights to ensure functionality and enhance the beauty of your bathroom.
- For even distribution, get a chandelier or pendant lights. Task lighting is ideal for daily grooming activities, while accent lighting is perfect to highlight your bathroom’s décor.
- Additionally, a sconce can create a special ambiance for the tub area for when you plan a warm, relaxing soak.