Easy dishes to plan for your entire week ahead
Honey-lemon-chicken bowl, Sandwich caprese, Chicken and veggies, Chickpea and tomato salad, Mediterranean salad with marinated shrimp
Sometimes it seems we hardly have any time to eat – and our lifestyles and hectic schedules are to blame. We strongly believe a healthy meal is an absolute must, since it acts like fuel and gives us much-needed energy to accomplish things. But, more often than not, we end up eating burgers and fries, and loading up on other junk food, rather than venturing into the kitchen.
However, there’s an easy solution at hand: why not plan an entire week’s worth of meals so you can spend the rest of your time worry-free – at least about food! And these can be made easily in your kitchen using IKEA’s trendy, modern kitchenware, and very quickly too – after all, there’s nothing better than a home-cooked meal.
- Honey-lemon-chicken bowl
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat, add chicken seasoned with pepper and salt. Cook until golden brown.
- Add lemon juice, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, honey, garlic and cornstarch, according to taste.
- Stir for 5-10 minutes until thickened, garnish with spring onions and serve in bowls.
- Sandwich caprese
- Place a baguette on a board and cut in half horizontally. Hollow out most of the soft interior. (Maybe toast it and use it as breadcrumbs later!)
- Spread pesto on the sides. Layer mozzarella, tomato, and basil.
- Place the top on the sandwich and wrap it tightly with cling wrap, then refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 1 day. Presto, instant meal!
- Chicken and veggies
- Pan sear chicken breasts on medium heat.
- Add rinsed, cut vegetables like broccoli, green onions, peppers, etc., and cook until done.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper and serve.
- The carbohydrates balanced with the protein will do wonders, and you’ll spend very little time prepping this meal.
- Chickpea and tomato salad
- Pan-fry a can of drained beans to make them crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes until golden-brown and blistered.
- Mix tomatoes, parsley, vinegar, diced shallots, a pinch of salt, some coarse black pepper, and a little oil in a large bowl.
- Add in the chickpeas and enjoy.
- Mediterranean salad with marinated shrimp
- Combine cooked, peeled and deveined shrimp, lemon juice, oil, basil, and some salt and pepper in a deep plate. Set aside for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Add cut radish, peppers and olives to the marinade.
- Crumble some feta on top and serve.