Spruce up your kitchen with these unbelievably easy tips
No rage over storage, Double up, Maximise your workstation, Put your fridge to work, Roll it along!, Visual pleasure
Think of your kitchen: a place of pride, a room your family uses together or individually, a hub of activity. However, thanks to all this – particularly with large families – it can be quite a challenge to find space for everything and yet maintain a functional kitchen.
But don’t worry: We’ve got some easy tips that will solve your storage problems, thanks to a plethora of chic products from IKEA.
- No rage over storage
- Get extra kitchen cabinets and trolleys with portable boxes, which are great for items you rarely use but still need in your modular kitchen.
- Use a vertical shelving rack to free up the counter and get some extra storage space.
- Double up
- Use towel rods or wall panels as floating cutlery holders: Hang mason jars form the rods using ‘S’ hooks and fill them up with cutlery, utensils or even some flowers to brighten things up.
- Hanging the rod at eye-level ensures you don’t need to bend every time you need a dishrag or ladle.
- Maximise your workstation
- Store everyday kitchenware on a rack or a pegboard.
- You’ll also benefit by using fitted shelving units to store things that need to be at room temperature.
- A two- or three-tiered hanging wire basket would also work wonders for fruits, veggies and breads.
- Put your fridge to work
- Putting a wire rack or a clear desk organizer in your fridge will greatly increase the number of goodies you can store – and you can see them clearly. Since they’re plastic or wire-mesh, they can be stacked.
- For those of us who aren’t blessed with a pantry, hang a multifunctional organizer onto the side of the fridge – it’s great for storing kitchen accessories.
- Roll it along!
- Store fruits, nuts, snacks and spices in a utility cart that can live under your kitchen sink and be rolled out when you need it. You could even store cleaning supplies in these versatile trolleys.
- They could also work just as well for beverages, barware and mixers.
- Visual pleasure
- Make the most of the underside of your wall cabinets by screwing mason-jar caps to them. Voilà! A set of floating Mason jars that elegantly store and display your pasta, pretzels, popcorn kernels and whatever else.
There: Not only does your kitchen look pleasing, our vast range of products also ensures you utilise your space perfectly.