3 HALLOWEEN TREATS FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
Halloween is a time for delicious treats! From family gatherings to classroom parties, use these fun recipes, from IKEA, for super-easy spooky snacks!
1. Tangerine Pumpkins and Banana Ghosts
- 4 bananas
- 24 chocolate chips, regular sized and mini
- 4 tangerines
- 1 stalk of celery
- Peel the bananas and cut them in half. Place them on the cut, keeping the bananas standing. Each banana gives you two ghosts.
- Make the ghost’s eyes with mini chocolate chips; for its mouth, use the larger chip.3. Peel the tangerines. Cut the celery lengthwise into thirds, and then across.4. Insert the celery pieces into the tops of the peeled tangerines to resemble pumpkins!
2. Pizza Mummies
- 2 English muffins, cut in half
- 8 teaspoons of pizza sauce
- 2 cheese sticks of your choice
- 3 green olives
- Preheat an oven to 400° F.
- Place the muffin halves in a baking tin. Bake them for 5 minutes and remove.3. Then spread 2 teaspoons of pizza sauce on each half.4. Make the cheese sticks into strings, arranging them decoratively on each muffin top. Slice the green olives into thick rings, placing them on top of the cheese to create eyes.5. Bake the mummies for 3 more minutes, or till the cheese melts!
3. Little Pumpkin Pies
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- Pie dough of your choice
- Preheat an oven to 400° F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
- Flour a surface and roll out the pie dough.
- Use a pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter to cut about 20 pumpkins. Use a paring knife to cut out pumpkin faces on half of them.
- Place a dough pumpkin without any cut-outs on a surface. Put a teaspoon of the filling in its centre. Spread the filling almost to the edges with a spoon. Dip your finger lightly in water and rub the edge of the pumpkin shape with it. Top it with a cut-out pumpkin and press the edges together lightly, sealing them. Repeat this for the other pumpkins.
- On your baking sheet, bake these tarts for 18 minutes, or until they are golden brown!
There are no commentsAdd yours