4 INDOOR PLANTS WITH AMAZING HEALTH BENEFITS
House plants make your living space more alive, beautiful and luxurious. At IKEA, we believe that including indoor plants in home décor is not only a great way to enhance your interiors, they also uplift you and have a positive effect on your mood as well.
Apart from just adding colour, numerous studies have revealed that the unmitigated health benefits of certain indoor plants just cannot be overlooked. So, irrespective of how small or big your home is, you can always find a way to create your own green sanctuary.
Here’s a list of plants that you can bring home, to improve health and detoxify the environment.
- Cacti are easy maintenance plants, which thrive in natural light and only have to be watered once or twice a month.
- They are great to have around to help increase relaxation and bring calmness, and you can place them anywhere!
- Whether it’s in the living room or on the study desk, these beauties are perfect to improve your mood and concentration.
- Pair them with some lively planters from IKEA’s vast collection and you’ve got a piece of art.
- Also called Peacock Plant because the foliage somewhat resembles a peacock’s tail, this beautiful plant grows up to 2ft tall and adds a splash of colour to your bathroom or bedroom to brighten things up.
- They thrive in moderate to low light and enjoy humid temperatures, while helping to remove toxins from the air.
- Relatively easy to maintain, just mist them often or place them in a plant stand with pebbles and water.
- The Snake Plant – also called Sansevieria or Mother-in-law’s Tongue – filters toxins like benzene, xylene, trichloroethylene and formaldehyde, which makes it an excellent choice for indoors.
- Because it emits oxygen throughout the night and has the ability to absorb excess carbon monoxide, it’s the perfect companion for your bedroom.
- Place them in indirect light and allow the soil to dry out between waterings and remember not to over-water them in winter.
- In feng shui, this plant is considered lucky because it helps boost wealth and prosperity.
- Whether it actually does so or not, the money plant is a powerful air purifier and is known to offset toxins from synthetic paints and carpets.
- Your money plant’s meandering vines can grow to 30 feet, so take advantage and let them flourish with the help of a trellis from IKEA’s garden and outdoor products and create a mini living wall in any room with indirect light.
There are no commentsAdd yours