5-ingredient meals for an easy week
At IKEA, we do realise that life hardly ever seems to slow down. Instead, we find ourselves hard-pressed for time almost always. But we think that shouldn’t mean time spent in the kitchen becomes stressful too.
So put aside those complicated recipes and try some simple and appetizing meals with 5 or fewer ingredients.
Slow roasted lemon salmon
As sophisticated it may sounds, this recipe is one easy breezy task.
- Take salmon fillets, lemon, olive oil, salt’n’pepper, and thyme sprigs.
- Place the salmon in an ovenproof baking dish, season with salt and pepper.
- Pour olive oil all over it. Then, scatter thin lemon slices and thyme sprigs on top.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius and then bake the dish in the hot oven for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the salmon to a deep plate and serve hot.
A Middle Eastern alternative to the pizza, Manakeesh works perfectly as a delicious snack or dinner while you relax in front of the TV. You can use a store-bought pizza base, naan or Arabic bread, whatever you have handy, for this.
- Spread about half a cup to one cup of pizza sauce on the base.
- Add onions, bell peppers, jalapenos, and any meat of your choice as topping.
- Sprinkle as much cheese as you want.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Pizza is such a versatile dish that you can make it from just slathering sauce and cheese on practically any crust. A fun twist is a ‘tater’ pizza.
- Arrange potatoes in a baking dish to fill it, then bake for 5-10 minutes at 200 degrees.
- Squish the baked tots to turn it into crust.
- Spread the pizza sauce all over, sprinkle a layer of mozzarella, add toppings of tomatoes, onions, green pepper and top it all with pepperoni. Sprinkle more mozzarella if you want.
- Then bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. Enjoy this deliciously fulfilling dish.
Chicken and sundried tomatoes
The sumptuous flavors of a sundried tomato vinaigrette combined with chicken drumsticks give this dish a robust flavor. A simple recipe for any meal of the day, with minimal work.
- In a bowl, combine sun-dried tomatoes, vinaigrette, oregano, garlic, olive oil.
- Then arrange chicken drumsticks in a baking dish.
- Pour the mixture from bowl all over the chicken in the baking dish.
- Season with salt and pepper as per taste.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until chicken is well cooked.