Apply These 5 Easy Techniques to Improve Your Wooden Furniture
If you love it, look after it! To get the longest life from your wooden furniture, do take care to follow the specific assembly instructions and care instruction. Don’t get confused about dusting vs. cleaning, or waxing vs. polishing wood furniture? Wooden furniture adds an elegance to the house and makes the house feel warm and inviting.
Here comes these five easy techniques to improve your wooden furniture:
- Clean & Clear– Loose dust on the surface can be removed with a soft, lint-free cloth, gently rubbed over the surface. To clean the finish on your wood furniture use a mixture of mineral oil and a few drops of lemon for wiping. The mixture helps to remove the dirt layer accumulated on the furniture and brings back its shine. Use a soft cloth to wipe the furniture with the mixture. Make sure you wipe all the corners if the wood has a lot of carvings on it. Repeat this two to three times for that perfect shine.
- Dust it off- Frequent dusting removes airborne deposits that build up in a filmy layer and can scratch the surface. Clean, dry, soft cloths or feather dusters will effectively remove dust; however, to avoid scattering the dust into the air, where it floats until landing back on furniture surfaces, dampen the cloth very slightly.
- Rub it– Petroleum Jelly also has oil-like properties, and can hydrate the dry and dull wooden furniture in your house. Dust your wooden furniture first. Then take some jelly in your fingers and carefully apply it all over the wood.
- Wax it out- Take equal proportions of turpentine and beeswax make a paste of the two. Wipe the furniture with a wet cloth first. Dip a dry cloth in the mixture and wipe the furniture with it again. Wax provides a hard finish and long-lasting protection, doesn’t smear, and is more durable than sprays or polishes. This is a very effective method of keeping your wooden furniture clean and shining. It also keeps away termites and other insects from the furniture.
- Olive Shine- Olive oil is very good to have your furniture shining again. Spray some oil on the wooden furniture. Use a cloth to rub the oil into the furniture. If your furniture is carved and has many details, make sure you get all the nooks and crannies. After 10 minutes, wipe the furniture again with a clean cloth to make sure no oil is left on the surface. This will bring out the natural shine of your wooden furniture.