EASY-PEASY RECIPES FOR COOKING WITH KIDS
There’s no denying that summer is well and truly here. However, while children may eagerly await the onset of summer holidays, mothers dread them. How do you keep them occupied indoors all day long?
We understand this, so we here are three recipes from IKEA that you can easily make with your little ones. These easy-to-do treats will hook them onto cooking and baking – how better to ensure that your children understand the benefits of healthy eating habits while keeping them occupied and providing them yummy treats?
2 tubes sugar cookie dough
1/4 cup flour
Food colouring of your or your kids’ choice
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix the cookie dough with the flour in a large bowl, and divide into four balls
- Place each in a separate bowl, add food colouring and mix well
- Place them all back again in the large mixing bowl and combine them till you see a swirl of colours. Don’t overdo it.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out dough to about 1/2” thick on a lightly floured surface
- Cut out desired shapes with cookie cutters
- Place each cookie dough on parchment-lined baking sheets, ensuring each shape is slightly apart
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until slightly golden on the edges
- Let cool
It’s time for the little bakers to enjoy their rainbow-coloured cookies!
No-Bake Colourful Cake
1 1/2 cup heavy cream
12 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup birthday cake mix
1 Graham cracker pie crust, store-bought or homemade
Rainbow sprinkles, for decorating
- Using an electric hand mixer, whip heavy cream until soft peaks form in a large bowl
- Add softened cream cheese and sugar, stir until thoroughly mixed with no clumps present
- Fold in birthday cake mix and pour mixture into prepared pie crust
- Smoothen the top with a rubber spatula, add rainbow sprinkles
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm (approximately 6 hours)
Serve cake slices to your little helpers!
Banana Chocolate Ice Cream
5 Graham crackers, crushed
3/4 cup chocolate chips
3/4 cup mini marshmallows
5 ripe bananas
- Slice bananas into thin roundels
- Spread them on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and freeze for 2 hours
- Blend frozen bananas in a food processor/blender until smooth
- Fold in 4 crushed Graham crackers, and 1/2 cup each of marshmallows and chocolate chips
- Transfer mixture to a loaf tin
- Garnish with remaining Graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate chips
- Freeze until solid, approximately 1-2 hours
Reward your little chefs with a healthy ice cream snack!
There are no commentsAdd yours