Move seamlessly into summer with these top décor tips
With the advent of summer, as temperatures start to soar, our lifestyles undergo some changes. The hot, humid weather means more time spent indoors – whether that’s in your own house, inside a café or mall, or in any other enclosed space where you pursue various activities like sports or fitness.
During this time, it would definitely be more beneficial to undertake a few changes with your décor to make your interiors lighter and more vibrant, so it’s more enjoyable indoors. We asked the décor specialists at IKEA for top tips to help you make that transition.
Subtle and simple changes
- Summer is the perfect time to do a huge makeover. However, sometimes all you need is a few changes here and there to completely revamp how your home looks and feels.
- To begin with, start with stashing away all your cosy and heavy blankets, and swap them for something lightweight such as cotton or linen.
- You can even opt for replacing heavy ones with lightweight curtains that will allow more natural light into your space.
- Go an extra step with the light and fresh theme by getting a few bright-coloured cushions or throws.
Rearrange the space
- When it comes to changing up your décor, you don’t always have to purchase new furniture to achieve a new look.
- Simply put, you can opt for shifting your furniture, such as changing your bed’s position or rearranging your living room.
- This will allow you to give the room a whole new look and feel without buying new stuff.
- Of course, while you’re at it, you may as well invest in a few small objets d’art or new photo frames, mirrors, etc. to add a breath of freshness.
Bring the outdoors indoors
- One of the easiest ways to transition your home from the winter to summer is to add some greenery indoors.
- Consider decorating parts of your home with flower vines that could span your entire living room to give it a forestry feel.
- You can also add a few hanging flowerpots here and there. That will easily brighten up your surroundings while not taking up too much space.
- You can also decorate your dining table with fresh potted summer flowers such as lilies, dahlias, and sunflowers. IKEA has a whole selection of plant pots and tools you can browse for this purpose.
These small but simple touches will most definitely bring in some much-needed vibrancy and life to make this summer a beautiful one.
There are no commentsAdd yours