Try Vegan! 5 Easy Desserts to Make with Your Kids
Almost every dessert you can think of involves at least one dairy ingredient. This is because milk, eggs, butter, etc. are stapling ingredients in every baker’s book.
However, if you are trying to switch to eating only a plant-derived or vegan diet, you might find this a challenge, especially when it comes to birthday parties or your kid craving a delicious birthday cake!
Thankfully, over the years, the vegan diet has come a long way, and there are alternatives for almost every traditional recipe we know and love. So, here are five simple vegan desserts, from IKEA, that you can make for your kids while enlisting their help!
1. Chocolate Mud Cupcakes
- These are regular mud cupcakes, and have all the usual ingredients in the usual proportions, except you can swap cow’s milk for soy milk and skip the eggs entirely.
- Add in a tbsp of ground flaxseeds, and the cupcakes will never let on that they’re secretly vegan.
2. No-Bake Cookie Cheesecake
- Blend 1 1/2 cups cashews, soaked overnight, the juice of 1 lemon, 1/3 cup coconut oil, 1/2 cup coconut milk, 1/2 cup maple syrup and 1/3 cup peanut butter.
- Line baking cups with a sandwich cookie and pour this batter in.
- Freeze for two hours and serve for a delicious vegan cheesecake.
3. Choco-PB Banana Bomb
- This one is easy and can even be made by your three-year-old!
- Slice up a banana, dunk it in peanut butter and let it set in the freezer for an hour.
- In the meantime, melt some vegan chocolate chips in your microwave and dunk your frozen banana-PB bits in the chocolate and let them set again. Delicious!
4. Strawberry “Cheesecake”
- Another super simple recipe that also looks super cute!
- Scoop out the insides of strawberries and fill them up with cream cheese.
- Sprinkle some crushed animal crackers on top and yay! You have the cutest little “strawberry cheesecakes” that anyone did see.
5. Vegan PB&J Ice-cream
- This one is an easy hack if you own an ice cream maker – and it’s so good, it might convince you to buy one if you don’t!
- Combine 2 cups almond milk, 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1/4 cup sugar and a tbsp. of vanilla extract in a saucepan.
- Simmer the mixture till the peanut butter has completely melted. Allow it to cool and then follow the instructions on the ice cream maker.
- Top with jam of your choice.
That’s it! These easy-as-pie recipes will help you and your kids spend an amazing and quality time the healthy way!