Which carpet is right for you? Mystery solved!
Choosing the right carpet can be time consuming and sometimes, you could end up with something you love but is a complete mismatch with your furniture.
Before committing to bring in a new addition to your home décor, ask yourself these questions.
- Which room works with what kind of carpet?
- What colour appeals to you and works with your furniture or walls?
- How big an area will it cover?
- What material will work for high-traffic and low-traffic areas?
- Each room has its own function, so it’s important to think about the utility and durability of the carpet. IKEA’s stylish and affordable collection can help with that.
- High pile rugs and carpets are perfect for the living room or bedroom if you’re interested in creating a cosy and warm atmosphere.
- Low pile rugs and carpets are ideal if you have anyone who suffers from allergies, as these prevent allergens from living in your carpet.
- Also, it may be uncommon, but a carpet in the bathroom can give it a great look, especially larger bathrooms.
- It’s a known fact that colours are an important element in home décor.
- While walls and furniture can easily be coordinated, carpets can be a bit tricky.
- Don’t fret! Our collection of versatile carpets gives you ample options to choose from.
- Rooms with natural lighting will welcome any colour, dark or light. But if they’re heavy-traffic areas, like the living room or kids’ room, dark carpets may be the better option.
- Smaller spaces can be made to look bigger with lighter coloured carpets, while you can make a large room cosy with dark colours.
- Consider dark shades for low-traffic areas like the bedroom or study.
- Size does matter! Large rooms accommodate large carpets well, without creating a busy look.
- Small rooms, on the other hand, will do well with smaller carpets, and you can play with shapes here too.
- A small and square room with a round carpet can do wonders to the overall feel while adding a playful element.
- If you’re thinking of a carpet for your bathroom, a synthetic one works better because it’s mildew- and stain-resistant.
- Natural fibres like wool are ideal for bedroom and the study. If you think they will be too warm for the UAE weather, synthetic carpets can be considered as they’re low maintenance.
There are no commentsAdd yours