6 Ways to Spruce Up Your Kitchen
Think of your kitchen: a place of pride, a room your family uses together or individually, a hub of activity. However, thanks to all this – particularly with large families – it can be quite a challenge to find space for everything and yet maintain a functional kitchen.
But don’t worry: We’ve got some easy tips that will solve your storage problems, thanks to a plethora of chic products from IKEA.
No rage over storage
- Get extra kitchen cabinets and trolleys with portable boxes, which are great for items you rarely use but still need in your modular kitchen.
- Use a vertical shelving rack to free up the counter and get some extra storage space.
- Use towel rods or wall panels as floating cutlery holders: Hang mason jars form the rods using ‘S’ hooks and fill them up with cutlery, utensils or even some flowers to brighten things up.
- Hanging the rod at eye-level ensures you don’t need to bend every time you need a dishrag or ladle.
Maximise your workstation
- Store everyday kitchenware on a rack or a pegboard.
- You’ll also benefit by using fitted shelving units to store things that need to be at room temperature.
- A two- or three-tiered hanging wire basket would also work wonders for fruits, veggies and breads.
Put your fridge to work
- Putting a wire rack or a clear desk organizer in your fridge will greatly increase the number of goodies you can store – and you can see them clearly. Since they’re plastic or wire-mesh, they can be stacked.
- For those of us who aren’t blessed with a pantry, hang a multifunctional organizer onto the side of the fridge – it’s great for storing kitchen accessories.
Roll it along!
- Store fruits, nuts, snacks and spices in a utility cart that can live under your kitchen sink and be rolled out when you need it. You could even store cleaning supplies in these versatile trolleys.
- They could also work just as well for beverages, barware and mixers.
- Make the most of the underside of your wall cabinets by screwing mason-jar caps to them. Voilà! A set of floating Mason jars that elegantly store and display your pasta, pretzels, popcorn kernels and whatever else.
There: Not only does your kitchen look pleasing, our vast range of products also ensures you utilise your space perfectly.
There are no commentsAdd yours