3 FUN-&-EASY PACKED LUNCHES FOR KIDS
School is back after a long summer! If you’re looking for some lunchbox inspiration, here are some super-easy lunches and snacks ideas from the creative folks at IKEA.
Psst: we guarantee that your kids will enjoy these!
All kids love pizza, and you can personalise these the way you like!
- 2 cups Biscuit/Baking Mix
- 2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup 2% Milk
- 1/2 cup Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Pepperoni, chopped
- 1/4 cup Cherry Tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup Green Peppers, chopped
- 1 cup pizza sauce of your choice
- Combine the biscuit mix and Italian seasoning.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and milk together.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Stir in the cheese, pepperoni, tomatoes, and peppers.
- Preheat griddle to medium heat and lightly grease.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter onto the griddle and cook until bubbles form on top and bottoms are golden brown. Turn, cook until second side is golden brown.
- Add shredded cheese to each pancake while it cooks for cheesy goodness!
- Pack with pizza sauce and a salad.
Banana cereal snacks
A yummy and healthy option, so your kids won’t be munching on chips or candies.
- 2 Bananas
- Peanut Butter
- Wax Paper/Foil/Parchment Paper
- Peel the bananas and cut them into thirds.
- Spread the cereal on wax paper.
- Smear the bananas in peanut butter or Nutella.
- Roll the peanut butter bananas in the cereal and you have yourself a snack!
Chicken ranch wraps
These are bound to be a hit with the kids and form a great flavourful lunch!
- 2 cups cooked and grilled Chicken Breasts, chopped into bite-sized pieces and seasoned with spices of your choice.
- 1/4 cup Ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup cilantro minced (optional)
- Lay tortillas on a clean flat surface.
- Place about ½ cup of the chicken, 1 tablespoon of ranch, 2 tablespoons of cheese, and 1 tablespoon of minced cilantro on each tortilla. Fold tightly to form a burrito shape.
- Heat a pan or grill to medium heat. Coat with a light layer or oil or cooking spray and cook wraps for 1-2 minutes on each side or until the tortilla is crispy and golden.
- Remove from heat, and slice in half.
- Pack with a nice salad.
There are no commentsAdd yours